To begin with I’d like to thank Thee Adventurette for nominating me for the ‘Blogger Recognition Award.’ I absolutely adore her blog not only is I aesthetically pleasing but just a lovely blog to read that will always leave a smile on my face. I am forever grateful for this award, this is my second award on Thee Wallflower Girl and I’m still in disbelief on how far this little blog has gotten! I couldn’t be prouder with you guys, my lovely community who’ve helped Thee Wallflower Girl come so far.
The Beginning- Thee Wallflower Girl:
I begun my journey on Thee Wallflower Girl on January 28th 2017, over the summer holidays. I’ve always had an urge to start a blog, to make my own little space to document my thoughts, express my feelings and to gather a lovely online community of readers. I’ve been on the shy side for as long as I can remember, which means I scarcely express my feeling aloud. So this year I made it my priority to start a blog and thus Thee Wallflower Girl was born.
Some bits of Advice:
If you are a new blogger there are only 2 simple bits of advice I can give you:
1. Be yourself, I know this sounds so simple but I can guarantee you it is so much more complex then you think. We as bloggers can be so caught up in trying to make the ‘perfect’ blog, having the ‘perfect’ theme and editing our work a million times before we think its ‘perfect’ that by the end you’ve ended up with something so artificial that you’ve lost the bits in your blog that truly make it yours. There is no such thing as ‘perfection’ we aren’t all the same and that’s what makes us beautiful and unique. If every blog in the world was the same I can only imagine how boring that would be.
2. Blog about something your passionate about. The kind thing you can talk hours on end about. There is nothing more boring then reading someone blogging about a topic they have no interest in.
I hope these two bits of advice may be some use to someone whether you’ve just started a blog or have been blogging for many years, we have an urge to learn and can never stop learning. (:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Write a post to display your award.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Select (up to) 15 other bloggers for this award.
- Comment on each blog to let them know you nominated them and a link to the post you created.
Thee Wallflower Girl xxx